Halloween is a magical time for couples to coordinate costumes and leave an impression at parties or trick-or-treating. If your partner has decided to dress up as a witch, you may be wondering what costume will work best with her outfit.
There are numerous possibilities to consider, ranging from classic combos to inventive twists. This article will go over several costume ideas that will not only go well with a witch but will also lend a unique flair to the duo’s Halloween experience.
What Male Costume Goes With A Witch?
For events such as Halloween parties or themed events, combining a male costume and a witch costume can create a fun and cohesive appearance. Here are some suggestions for a male costume to complement a witch:
- Warlock or Wizard: This is the most straightforward classic pairing. The costume can range from traditional to contemporary, including robes, wands, and headgear.
- Devil: A red and black outfit with horns contrasts well with the witch’s deeper or more vibrant attire.
- Vampire: With the cape, fangs, and aristocratic attire, this vampire costume combines well with a traditional witch costume. Both can be viewed as supernatural entities, which lends a sense of cohesion.
- Pirate: If the witch costume has more of a “sea witch” vibe, a pirate can be an excellent complement. Imagine “Pirates of the Caribbean” combined with sea magic.
- Mad Scientist: This works especially well if the witch costume emphasizes the potion-making archetype. Both may utilize flasks of ‘potions’ as accessories.
- Forest Creature or Werewolf: If the witch’s costume has a natural or woodland motif, a forest creature or werewolf could be a good complement.
Fun and Quirky:
- Prince or Knight: Turn the fairy tale on its head by having the prince or knight be enchanted by the sorceress instead of battling her.
- Ghost or Zombie: If the witch costume has a creepy or undead vibe, a masculine counterpart could dress as a ghost or zombie, perhaps even as if under her spell.
- Grim Reaper: Both characters are associated with supernatural forces, and the Grim Reaper’s scythe and robe can complement a witch’s broom and cloak.
- Goth or Rock Star: If the witch costume has a modern, gothic vibe, the male counterpart could be a goth or rock star, replete with an electric guitar for a “wand.”
- Detective or Cop: This is a fun juxtaposition, coupling the supernatural with the rational, similar to a “good vs. evil” scenario but with playful overtones.
- Businessman under a Spell: A man in a business suit holding a prop such as a ‘love potion’ bottle can create the illusion that he has been enchanted by the sorceress.
- Both costumes could be accessorized with matching or contrasting colors to bring them together.
- Consider coordinated makeup or face paint, particularly if you’re aiming for a more fantastical or sinister appearance.
- Matching or themed accessories can help to bind together costumes. For instance, if the sorceress possesses a potion bottle, the male counterpart may possess a spell book.
Remember that the finest matches consider both people’s comfort and preferences, so talk about it and have fun with it!
What Outfit Goes With A Witch?
A traditional witch costume typically consists of a long, flowing black garment or robe that serves as a canvas for numerous accessories. A pointed hat, usually in black to match the dress, is almost mandatory for the classic style. The outfit is completed with black boots or pointed shoes.
Fingerless gloves or lace arm cuffs offer a stylish touch. To amp up the witchy feel, use dark, mysterious jewelry such as pentagram necklaces or gemstone rings. A broomstick or wand is a well-known prop.
Dark eyeshadows and a bold lip color might help to improve the entire appearance. A flowing cape and fishnet stockings are optional extras.
How Do You Spice Up A Witch Costume?
To add flair and individuality to a traditional witch costume, emphasize details that add flare. Replace the iconic black dress with one that features patterns, such as lace or velvet cutouts. Use vibrant, dramatic makeup, such as eyeshadows with glitter or metallic lip colors.
Don’t neglect colored contacts for that alien look. A fashionable corset or cinching belt will add curves and shape to your ensemble.
Unique jewelry, such as corpse earrings or moon-shaped pendants, can be used as accessories. The addition of feather or faux-fur detail to capes or sleeves can add texture.
Swap the stereotypical broom for a fashionable, ornate scepter. Consider striped or fishnet stockings and fashionable heeled boots to complete the appearance.
This was all about what male costume goes with a witch. When your partner chooses a witch costume, the options for a complementary male costume are nearly limitless. Your possibilities range from the traditional to the fanciful, from being a wizard or warlock to embracing the atmosphere of a famous Halloween monster.
The goal is to choose a costume that not only matches but also fits your personal style and level of comfort.
Thank you for reading!